Military Engineering Operations and Planning Course (MEOPC)
MEOPC is designed to educate and train students on Military Engineering (MILENG) concepts in support of Battalion and Company level planning to better prepare them for duty on a staff in a Joint or Combined deployed environment. This course provides MILENG planning considerations and TTP's regarding the conduct of NATO Military Engineer operations, with a particular focus towards engineer input, staffing, and analysis for: infrastructure assessment, force protection, assured mobility, military search and base camp development.
By the end of this course students should be able to:
- Be better prepared for a deployment as a staff officer or NCO supporting NATO led multinational Engineer operations and understand NATO MILENG doctrine, concepts and planning procedures
- Understand and explain MILENG input to Force Protection planning in support of NATO operations
- Understand and explain MILENG input to Counter IED assured mobility operations and planning in support of NATO operations
- Understand and explain MILENG input to the Military Search Planning process.
- Understand and explain MILENG input to infrastructure and assessment and base camp development
- Conduct staffing and mission analysis, to produce briefs, products, and annexes.
- Explain MILENG capabilities available to a joint or combined commander.
Offerings per year
24 max / 15 min
NATO UNCLASSIFIED / Releasable to PCM /EU
Military Officers (OF-1 to OF-3), Senior Non-Commissioned Officers (OR-7 to OR-9) or civilian equivalents.
Language proficiency: Students must have the following standards of proficiency in English (STANAG 6001): Listening (Good/3), Speaking (Fair/2), Reading (Good/3), Writing (Fair/2). On a case by case basis listening and reading levels can be lowered to level 2 proficiency.
- Computer Skills: Students must be familiar with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel capabilities.