NATO Military Engineer Staff Officer Course (NMESOC)
NMESOC is designed to provide knowledge regarding the role, responsibilities and staffing procedures of the MILENG staff elements in order to prepare participants for NATO assignments. This course provides all aspects of NATO Military Engineering policy, doctrine, procedure, operational planning requirements and other relevant issues to speed up and enhance integration process of MILENG personnel assigned to or dealing with NATO.
By the end of this course students should be able to:
- Demonstrate working knowledge regarding the role, responsibilities and staffing procedures of the MILENG staff elements in NATO assignment;
- Provide Subject Matter expertise and advise Commanders on Military Engineering;
- Identify, elaborate and develop the MILENG contribution to the planning process on operational level;
- Identify, elaborate and develop the MILENG contribution to the NATO budget, NATO Investment Programme (NSIP), Capability Packages and crisis Response operations – Urgent Operational Requirements (CURs);
- Identify/comprehend the MILENG involvement in on-going NATO-led operations;
- Identify/comprehend the MILENG involvement in the NATO transformation process;
Offerings per year
2 (optional 3)
24 max / 15 min
NATO Unclassified / Releasable to PfP /EU/MD/ICI/AU
- Officers and Senior NCOs (OR-7 and above) performing MILENG staff functions in NATO Command structure, NATO Force structure or other NATO agencies/organizations.
- SMEs within civil bodies who are assigned to national positions with MILENG responsibilities towards NATO.
Language proficiency: Students must have the following standards of proficiency in English (STANAG 6001): Listening (Good/3), Speaking (Fair/2), Reading (Good/3), Writing (Fair/2). On a case by case basis listening and reading levels can be lowered to level 2 proficiency.
- Computer Skills: Students must be familiar with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel capabilities.