Military Engineering Multinational Advisory Course (MEMAC)
MEMAC is a course designed to educate MILENG staff operating at the all arms Brigade and Division Level (normally Engineer Battalion -Brigade personnel) on how to advise the commander and staffs. In addition students should acquire suitable knowledge of Military Engineering (MILENG) interoperability and NATO MILENG Doctrine relevant to this level.
By the end of this course students should be able to:
- To work in a multinational Engineer Environment taking into account the cultural differences
- Implement relevant current MILENG doctrine. Specific Topics include: NATO Structure and Doctrine overview, Gap Crossing, NATO Orders, MILENG input to Counter Explosive Ordnance, Counter Mobility Measures, Military Load Classification of Bridges, MILENG support to Force Protection and Air Operations, Environmental Protection,
- Summarize Multinational Engineer capabilities and capacities in order to advise the Commander and staffs on the utilization of Engineer units
Offerings per year
NATO Unclassified / Releasable to PfP/EU/MD/ICI/AU
Engineering Staff Officers and Senior Non-Commissioned Officers (OR 8 – OF 3) working at the Battalion and Brigade level.
- Recommended language proficiency: Students must have the following standards of proficiency in English (STANAG 6001): Listening (Good/3), Speaking (Fair/2), Reading (Good/3), Writing (Fair/2).
- Students must be comfortable briefing in a multinational environment
- Computer Skills: Students must be familiar with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel capabilities.